Our History

Pittsburgh Symphony Association (PSA) was founded as the Women’s Committee in 1939 and incorporated as the Women’s Association in 1946. From its beginning PSA has been an important source of funds for Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.

Pittsburgh Symphony Association has raised over $6 million for the PSO, and through its Fine Instrument Fund has purchased 22 musical instruments that the orchestra has requested for musicians to use while under contract to PSO.

Some benefits of PSA membership include discounted PSO subscriptions, exposure to PSO musicians through our events, and meeting other Pittsburgh residents through our activities.

PSA welcomes new members. Some of our projects are fundraisers, some are social events for our members and some are educational. Working on our projects is a great way to meet new people and make new friends.

Our official address is Heinz Hall, 600 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA. 15222. Our phone number is 412.392.3303, a voice mailbox at Heinz Hall. A member of PSA’s board of directors is assigned to check the voice mailbox and return calls left there.

%d bloggers like this: